Thursday, May 10, 2018

Why Google Docs Suck, Having chinese who do not understand democracy.

 pet peeves from an article  by  Tony BradleyPCWorld | 

Translations.

 Although Google hypes the ability of Google Docs to translate text into so many different languages as a benefit, my tests found that the resulting translations were mostly useless gibberish. The tool might work fine for individual words, or even complete sentences, but translating entire documents did not go well at all--especially when translating to languages that use different alphabets, or reverse the reading direction from the Western standard of left-to-right to right-to-left"


5. The Little Things. Really, if I had to choose my biggest complaint about Google Docs, it would be this--the little things. The little things add up. The little things make work more efficient, and life easier. Which little things, you ask? Things like having the word count of a document displayed at the bottom so I can see it as I type rather than having to stop and select the option from a menu. Things like having easy, right-click access to synonyms as I type instead of having to install some thesaurus browser extension. Things like being able to paste content into a document and choose how to format it on the fly, or being able to dynamically see what different heading or font choices might look like before I select them.
I am sure it sounds to some as if I am just whining about trivial things. But, it is those trivial things that I rely on throughout the day, and those are the things I have missed the most during this experience.

No comments: