Saturday, October 05, 2019

short refresher on common skin conditions

 Pretty good presentation useful for Primary care and community health certificate holders.

https://www.peacehealth.org/sites/default/files/Documents/PC%202015%20Foo.pdf


“If you send me a piece of skin, I’ll tell you it’s skin”

 “If you send me a piece of a rash, I’ll tell you it’s a rash”

 “If you tell me what you’re looking for, I’ll tell you what if it fits”

 “If you don’t know what the rash is (when you can seen all of a person’s skin), please don’t expect me to give you an answer from a tiny piece of skin”

 Do not depend on a skin biopsy to provide a diagnosis for your patient’s rash

 A skin biopsy should be performed only if one can correlate the pathologic findings with clinical findings to reach a diagnosis


No comments: