Saturday, September 26, 2020

Why surgeons need to know some medicine and cardiology?

Why surgeons need to know some 

medicine and cardiology?


Right from the time I was a house surgeon  in 1979 doing my Surgical rotation up to the time, I was an assistant professor of pediatric surgery till July 1994 when I emigrated to the USA  this was my experience. Preoperative evaluation was entirely left to the anesthetist and post-operative and critical-care wasn't fully developed. and was haphazardly managed by surgeons and general MDs.


26 years after leaving India and working as an Internal Medicine Consultant in USA I came back to this country. My recent experience has led me to believe that there is some amount of improvement in certain aspects but much needs to be done regarding preoperative evaluation and management of Surgical patients and this country especially in Hyderabad.


No comments: