Monday, October 10, 2016

Stop sending me these "Friendly" advisories and reminders, "experience is devoid of the cherry-picking that we find in studies".


Please please stop wasting my time and let me spend a few extra minutes with my patients.

One of  the many irritating  things I face day to day ( in addition  having to see  the  stupid face Trump on the  TV) is  these "Friendly" advisories and reminders I keep getting  from  theses  insurance companies  and  chronic care companies.

your patient  has not filled  XYZ medication

Your patient is getting  xyz medication and it is recommended not to be used according to Beer's criteria.
your patient did not go and see the eye doctor / colon doctor/heart doctor /kidney doctor  ETC.

 Majority of the  times I spend the extra time going back to check the patient's record  in EHR (  I will write   many blogs in future about the idiocy of the designers of EHR software, and the imbeciles who are put in charge to customize them in various institutions)
More than 90 % of the  time  i find there was no alternative other than continue the  medication ( I do not have  access to  multidisciplinary pain management  ,behavior managment  , lifestyle management  teams . I have  no access to  acupuncture , music therapy , massage , Tai Chi, or  whatever is  most fashionable  today.
If you really want to remind me  about  a test or medicine  give me  a 15 second  tool tip advise. Ifit is found useful i will implement  it or I will ignore it based on my experience.

So please please stop wasting my time and  let me spend a few extra minutes with my patients.

No comments: