Friday, December 08, 2017

A unique immigrant family where all the kids go to a Prep school!

 Today I was reading about "All in the family" in Fortune magazine Tech Focus.
this was about  Uber CEO  Dara K. ( I am just being  American, We do not like too long names unless they are actors, Politicians, sportspersons or Tech Billionaires.
Dick Hackett goes all Ga, Ga over how the  various off shots of  "Khosrowshahi Diaspora"

 What struck me  is

Here is a struggling immigrant family  whose Kids attended a prep school in Tarrytown, NY

2017-2018 Tuition Costs
  • Lower School (K-Grade 4) - $37,450.
  • Middle School (Grades 5-8) - $41,350.
  • Upper School (Grades 9-12) - $44,225.
  • 5-Day Boarding Fee - $13,400.

I too come from an immigrant family and all my children went to Public schools. Although I am a physician.

In spite of being  quite intelligent, they are struggling to get good employment due to not having  "connections"

  The family tradition sounds more like " Nepotism " to me.

No comments: