Friday, November 30, 2018

A Texan’s experience at a fake women’s health center

A Texan’s experience at a fake women’s health center

I am a 44 years old woman and had the worst experience of my life at Birth Choice in Dallas, Texas. I had not had a period in about a year and my gynecologist told me I was in perimenopause so I wasn’t as diligent about it as I had been in the past. Other than fatigue, I had absolutely no pregnancy symptoms..
My husband and I decided to take a pregnancy test to rule out why I was constantly exhausted. My heart sank when I saw the plus sign on the test before the 5 minutes were even up and we went into immediate panic mode. We headed to what we thought was Southwestern Women’s Surgery Center, a local abortion clinic. Southwestern and Birth Choice share a parking lot (a common tactic of fake clinics) and my husband and I walked into Birth Choice by accident.
Once there, I took a urine test to confirm the pregnancy and was told I needed an ultrasound to determine how far along I was. At that point, the nurse separated my husband and I, saying that my husband needed to meet with the male counselor. During the ultrasound, I repeatedly asked for my husband to be in the room with me, but the nurse insisted that I was in a “safe place” and my husband couldn’t make the decision for me to have an abortion.
The ultrasound results showed that I was 26 weeks pregnant with a “healthy baby boy” and a “special miracle,” even though I had told the nurse this was an unwanted pregnancy. She told me she could immediately make a phone call and place the baby with a family. Meanwhile, my husband was getting the same treatment from the male “counselor.” The “counselor” even told my husband that families paid “$50,000 for a white baby!” They finally brought him into the room where I was still enduring looking at the 70 inch ultrasound screen. When he walked in, the nurse greeted him with, “congratulations daddy, it’s a boy!”  The male “counselor” came into the room with a doll that he described as a 26-week gestation baby and blocked the door as my husband and I tried to leave. We managed to make it out but they chased after us, yelling about not killing the baby and how much God loves us.
This experience left me totally shaken and an absolute mess; I threw up all the way home. I was able to see my gyno the following Monday and thankfully, she had some answers. I was in fact 26 weeks pregnant, but the baby was far from healthy. She explained that I couldn’t get an abortion in Texas due to how far along I was and contacted a clinic in New Mexico. We were lucky enough to travel there a few days later and terminate the pregnancy, which was the decision we had made from the start.
S.H. lives in Dallas, Texas. To learn more about fake women’s health centers and their deceptive tactics, visit txpregnancy.org 

No comments: