Saturday, November 17, 2018

CCH_ Spinal Immobilization Supine Patient

This is the spinal immobilization of a supine patient skill -Watch video

Welcome to the supine spinal immobilization practical assessment here

We will evaluate your ability to properly secure a patient to a long backboard during the assessment you will  have CCH assistant your patient's vitals are stable when you move the patient to the long backward I'd like you use both mine and the EMT assistance help you are in charge of ensuring proper directions that are given to your partners you may utilize any of the equipment shown before you and I'd like you to review that now BSI is my seat save the scene assay all right so the first thing I'm going to do is I'm going to direct my partner to come in and place the head in an inline neutral position and then I'm going to direct my partner to maintain c-spine stabilization.
 Once he's doing that I'm going to check CMS I have bilateral pulses can you squeeze my fingers for me awesome thank you tell me which is fingers I'm touching here okay and now I'm going to move down to the feet take the shoes off this espinal pulses and can you push down against my hands

perfect now pull back up against okay you tell me when shows are touching

I thank you all right

Pulses, sensation and motor function are intact and all accompanies all right so the next thing we're going to do is we're going to put a c-collar on so i'll size my patient for a c-collar select my c-color and set it to the appropriate size p for my c-collar a little bit apply the c-collar ensuring that I'm not moving the neck around too much all right can you open your mouth a little bit for me perfect

All right now we have the seek alarm the next thing we're going to do is we're going to log-roll the patient and place around the board so I'll have my other assistant come in and help me with that so on the heads count we're going to roll the patient towards us and then I will check her back and then I will position the board and then on the heads count again we will roll her flat okay

you can assess the back really quickly checking for any deformity any wounds position the board all right and on the heads count    okay so now

We’re going to position it properly on the board so we're going to move up and over in one swift motion all right one heads count     foot now we will secure the patient to the board using our straps so coming over the shaft alright I'm going to put this underneath your arms here we're going to tighten this up quick so if you can pick your hands up for just a minute and you can cross them again got once so the torsos secured again I would check to make sure
 let's see if I need it to pad anywhere you don't need the pad anywhere so next I will screw the

head all right patients head secure and then move down the body to secure the feet the legs and the feet alright so the patient's secured to the board

Now I will reassess CMS good pulses can you squeeze my fingers okay can you tell me which fingers in touch okay moving down to the feet good pedal pulses can you tell me which Axilla touching okay you push down against my hands all right and pull back up against them okay pulses sensation and motor function are present in all extremities all right is there anything else you'd like to do

nope that's it okay thank you
English (auto-generated)
Up next

No comments: