Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Myths of Modern Medicine: The Alarming Truth about American Health Care By John Leifer

Introduction: The End of Blind Faith and the Beginning Of  Transformational Change in Health Care

Myth I "The United States Boasts the Best Health Care in the World"

Myth 2 ' 'Shopping for Health Care Is Like Shopping for a Car; You Base Your Decisions on Good Information'

Myth 3 "Medical Interventions Are Based on Scientific Evidence of Positive Outcomes regarding Best Practices; as a Result,Patients Receive Precisely the Care They Need"

Myth 4 "Where One Chooses to Receive Care Will Have No Bearing on Their Treatment Options, Outcomes, or Cost"

Myth 5 "All Physicians Are Created Equal"

Myth 6 "There's No Better Place to Be When You Are Ill than the Hospital"

Myth 7 "The Prescription I Was Given Is Safe, Proven, and Effective"

Myth 8 ' 'I'm Just the Patient; I'm Not Par-t of the Problem"

Myth 9 '"My insurance Company's First Concern Is My Health"

Myth 10 "When All Else Fails, at Least the System Will Allow Me to Die with Dignity"

No comments: