Saturday, April 11, 2020

What is wrong with the individual state Medical license ?. Even today while Covid 19 is running rampant The red tape is choking attempts of good intentioned doctors.

What is wrong with the individual state Medical License system?


Even today while Covid 19 is running rampant ,the red tape is choking attempts of good intentioned doctors.
 I was begged by the contracting agency to get on a plane with 12 hour notice to come and help Californians dying from Covid 19.

Against objections and advice from my family and friends I took the job and landed in a deserted San Francisco airport.

I took an Uber to the hotel. one of the 3 in a space of 30 minutes at the pick up spot.

It was unbelievable.

Now My contracting company is still waiting on the temporary waiver .This will allow me to actually treat a Californian with Covid 19.

I am frustrated doing administration to improve surge capacity.

converting an even center in to a temporary hospital.

There is absolutely no single Standard operating procedure.

every one is trying to get in to limelight.or publish a paper.

Hoarding resources.

I am getting frantic emails from a number of recruiters enticing me with  two to 3 times my usual hourly rate.

Still all the states have their arcane ,Obsolete rules about state licensing in place.

after practicing for 26 years in USA and another  14 years as a surgeon in India.Michigan wants my TOEFL sores and. my Medical college in India which is closed due to their own  Covid problem to send them confirmation that I did graduate from medical school with a  Medical degree!
while one of the most conservative states Texas has done away with the state controlled substances license. they want me to apply and get a separate. Michigan state license before I can give pain meds to a dying patient.


What happened to FSMB 
and the Medical compact?




No comments: