Tuesday, January 09, 2018

WHY EHR ( Electronic Health Records Drive me crazy!

 A prime example.

More than 75% of my primary care patients have  DM2 with or without complication.
the  Most common ICD codes are  11.8 and  11.9
but when  I have to choose the diagnosis this famous EHR which was recently bought out by yet another new company. gives me  the following long list

Starting from
E 08.00
 to
Z 15.89
With the most common codes mixed up somewhere in the middle of the list.
the only way is for me to scroll down the list and mouse click on the correct code.
there is no way I can remember the code and enter it, there is no way to "quick search" for codes. and the filters of right/left/bilateral for this diagnosis is a bloody joke.

Don't Blame me  if I am  contemplating  on quitting  primary care  ASAP

No comments: