Sunday, September 02, 2018

Seeing Your Future : This can be very scary

Seeing Your Future :
This can be very scary
I'm a General Internal Medicine physician presently working in West Texas. I used to work as a general surgeon as well as pediatric surgeon and I used to teach post-graduate fellows in pediatric surgery as an assistant professor of pediatric surgery.
I was born in 1956 in India.
After working for a few years in the Andhra Pradesh government Medical Services I migrated to the USA in July of 1994 and I was compelled to change my carrier from being a surgeon to a general physician. after completing 3 years of residency and one year of Chief residency and Cleveland Ohio I moved to Texas and was working as a physician for the Dallas VA Medical Center until 2013.
after taking voluntary retirement from in 2013 I have been Moonlighting and working short stints at various places both South and West Texas.

Recently I have been thinking more and more about retirement and want to go back to India and do some kind of social work and also follow some crazy ideas I have about gem exploration growing organs in the laboratory and improving the and we're on meant by making use of fly ash.
2 days ago suddenly out of the blue my CEO informed me that my services may not be continue. and two days after that she changed her mind and told me to continue in the present position.

Although I have been planning and thinking about retirement and all the things I want to do in India but on the day I heard this news I was Shit Scared why?
Why did I not plan better?
why can't I just walk out of this job without turning back and looking?

why is that my family members are not supportive of my decision to retire?
just the three days when I was sitting at home without work and with the idea that I will not be working anymore was not exhilarating. it was not like the way I fantasized about retirement. he finally had to completely stop working how would I feel? when I'm not able to earn any money how is everybody going to take me?

My elder brother who is an atheist paradoxically used to sing “ Bhajagovindam”

the particular stanza
"Yavat vitto parjana shaktah, stavan nija parivaro raktah, paschat iivati jarjara dehe varta prichhati kopi na gehe"
As long as a person has wealth, so long do all the family members hover Around you
later on when your body becomes old and useless there will be nobody to even speak with you

yävad-vittopärjana-saktah-
stävan-nijapariväro raktah
pashchAjjlvati jarjaradehe

Värtäm ko'pi na prucchati gehe.


Is this all we are? Mindless robotic ATM machines?


No comments: