Thursday, November 08, 2018

I was alone, but I was not lonely

The Wisdom of Menopause
By Christiane Northrup, M.D.

 I was alone, but I was not lonely

As the weeks went by, I began the slow process of feeling what it was like to have myself to myself. And on some very deep level I began to feel, ever so gradually, that I was recharging my inner batteries from a source deep within me. As with all grieving and letting go, there wcrc ups and downs to th1S process. Onc week, for example, I found myself crying while watching the Thursday night TV shows I used to watch with my husband and daughters as a weekly ritual. But then one week later I was able to spend the evening alone, away from the TV, reveling in the beautiful light on the river outside my home. I was alone, but I was not lonely. I knew I was going to make it. I was happy.

No comments: