Saturday, February 08, 2020

Is this just for poetry or do you really think in terms of" mera Maadar-e-watan Hindostaan"



Is this just for poetry or do you really think in terms of" mera maadar-e-watan Hindostaan,

Main Adam aur Hawwa ki santaan,
mera maadar-e-watan hindostaan,
Mohammad mera nabi,
Allah mera khuda,
Ambedkar mera shikshak,
Buddha mera shuru,
Nanak mera guru,
aman mera mazhab, ishq mera iman
Main khaufkha ke darjane se,
Bemaut maare mar jane se
Main inkaar karta hun.
Mere hi mulk mein mujhe
haq ke bajaye bheekh dijaye,
Mujhe kisi register mein
kisi naam ki tarah likh diyajaye,
Merijaan kafaisla,
saat ghante ki ek sansad satr se ho,
Meripehchan kafaisla
kisipehchan patr se ho,
Mujhe manzoor nahin.
AAMIR AZIZ
I, the progeny of Adam and Eve,
India is my motherland,
Mohammad is my prophet,
Allah, my God
Ambedkar is my teacher,
Buddha, my beginning,
Nanak, my guru,
Peace is my religion, romance, myfaith,
To be cowed down by threats,
And die an untimely death,
I refuse.
Charity in place ofdue
in my own country,
My existence being reduced
to a name in a register,
My destiny being decided
in a seven hour Parliament session,
My identity being decided
by an identity card,
I refuse to accept.

AAMIR AZIZ

No comments: