Saturday, December 03, 2016

Are the French really laid back?

I don't think they are especially after reading this article.

Odisha: French couple ‘harassed, detained’ on visit to Similipal Tiger Reserve

Right at the outset let me state that the red tape in any government department in India in any state are at the center level is terrible and needs to be significantly cut down.
But what I find funny is for somebody coming from a nation which is equally bureaucratic and which is supposed to be well known for its laid-back people this French couple are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
If you travel to a destination like India even in this day and age you need to be ready to face at two hour wait.

I distinctly remember my trip to Konark and Puri in 1972 when our bus broke down all the passengers simply got out of the bus and were making arrangements to sleep by the road and when we asked the conductor his reply was only when a bus which will be coming from the other direction in the morning is going to help us.
My elder brother who was visiting us from USA was unhappy but had nothing else to do but to try to catch a few winks sitting in a dilapidated wooden chair in a pawnshop.
I think India has improved significantly since then especially we would of found out all this on a whatsapp message!

No comments: