Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Automatic machine translation. Google Translate how good it is ?Babelfish instant language translator Gadget

Automatic machine translation. Google Translate how good it is ?Babelfish instant language translator Gadget


The general public which has  not looked at this in detail, think that Google Translate can flawlessly translate between languages. so much so there are a number of mobile apps being made to instantly Translate speech between languages.

So should I go out and buy today the Babelfish instant language translator Gadget


it's a given that Google has done significant work both in speech recognition and translation.
But if one were to take a pause and look at the details and accuracy one will find that  significant amount of work still needs to be done .

although “Google translate” claims to translate between 103 languages,It fails miserably when it comes to languages other than those in the Roman script. even languages which are transliterated into Roman alphabet such as Turkish the translation is not even 20% of the matter And even this he's quite inaccurate.
as an example he's this poem by Sultan Suleiman kanuni  of the Ottoman Empire



Ey misk-i amberim!
Bağrım, habibim, mah-ı tabanım.

Sırdaşım, mahremim, canım,
Güzeller üstü sultanım.

Hayatım, mahsulüm, ömrüm,
Kevser şarabım, cennetim.
Baharım, sevincim, gülüm, günüm.
Ey benim handanım.

Çınarım, seyr-i seyranım,
Gülistan ile bostanım,
İnci mercanım, sohbetim,
Sözüm, sabahım, akşamım.

Eğlencem, neşem, meclisim,
Çerahım, mumum, güneşim,
Turuncum, narım, narencim
Benim şem-i şemistanım.

Akıllım, uslum, efendim,
Gizlim, açığım, öğüdüm,
Hünkarım, hüsrevim, mirim,
Cihan iklimine canım.

Nöbet şekerim, hazinem,
alem içinde huzurum,
azizim, yusufum, varım
gönül mısırında hanım.

İstanbul’um, Karaman’ım,
Ey Devlet-i Osmaniyem.
Bedahşanım ve kıpçağım,
Bağdat’ım, hem Horasanım.

Saçı sırmam, kaşı yayım,
Gür fitne baygın bakışlım
Ölürsem kanım boynuna
Medet hey na-selman.

Kapında meddahım
Çünkü seni metheylerim daim.
Gönlüm gamlı, gözüm nemli,
Muhibbi’yim… Aşktır şanım.
O misk-i amberim!
Bagrım, habibim, mah-ı abortion.

My friends, my friends, my dear,
Beautiful sultans.

My life, my crop, my life,
My kevser wine, cennetim.
Spring, sevincim, gülüm, günüm.
O my hand.

Çınarım, seyr-i seyranım,
With Gülistan,
Pearl incision,
My word, morning, evening.

Entertainment, Thursday, Parliament,
My soul, my candle, my sun,
Orange, orange, citrus
I am a sham.

Intelligent, usuum, sir,
Hide, open, advice,
Dharma, hüsravim, mirim,
To the climate of the world, my dear.

Seizure of sugar, treasure,
Peace in the world,
Saint, yusufum, I am
Lady in heart.

My Istanbul, Karaman,
O State-i Osmaniyem.
Bedahşanım and kıpçağım,
My Baghdad, and the Khorasan.

My hair is my secret,
Fussy fussy out of sight
If I die,
Medet hey na-selman.

Meddahim on the door
Because I am a meteorite.
With a gentle gauge,
I am the idiot ... the lady of love.

which should have been
My Musk My amber.
Throne of my lonely niche, my wealth, my love, my moonlight.
My most sincere friend, my confidant, my very existence, my Sultan, my one and only love.
The most beautiful among the beautiful ...
My springtime, my merry faced love, my daytime, my sweetheart, laughing leaf ...
My plants, my sweet, my rose, the one only who does not distress me in this room ...
My Istanbul, my karaman, the earth of my Anatolia
My Badakhshan, my Baghdad and Khorasan
My woman of the beautiful hair, my love of the slanted brow, my love of eyes full of misery ...
I'll sing your praises always
I, lover of the tormented heart, Muhibbi of the eyes full of tears, I am happy.[70]
And if you consider translation between  certain languages all it does is too   transliterate the words in into the target language’s Alphabet.

So wait for some more years  before you buy that Babelfish instant language translator Gadget

No comments: