Wednesday, September 13, 2017

If I quit Medicine what will I do.

There are many people who have quit medicine  and never looked back

There is no slow transition.
Anyone who makes the leap should recognize that they may have to tighten their belts for a while
get family buy-in.
Don't look back.
 If you transition with safety in mind, you'll never fully commit."


"I loved seeing patients but found myself constantly worried about the flaws in the system—the places where errors were possible. I exhausted myself trying to provide great care amidst chaos. Eventually I realized that I needed to leave, but I didn't understand until a few years ago that the cause was burnout.

At Shannon Healthcare Communications, I focus on performance improvement in health care: patient safety, quality of care, system reform, patient-centeredness, and cost efficiency. I craft journal articles, white papers, web pages, fact sheets, and case studies. I write medical-themed screenplays for development into film projects. I also produce videos of patient stories to illustrate gaps in care and highlight methods for improvement. 


  • Supporting physician well-being to improve care
  • Navigating the transition to value-based reimbursement and accountable care
  • Improving trauma care with rapid team activation
  • HIPAA compliance in the age of electronic communications

No comments: