Wednesday, September 13, 2017

What motivates theseTelugu computer geeks?

In 1994  when I came  to USA  I was  really hungry to  get  news  about  India

"India abroad" was the only news paper available in those day, except for some other throw away news / advertising sheets at Indian  groceries

 Then I discovered "Internet" at a  local library in North Olmsted Cleveland Ohio

 those  few  green letters on a  black background  which used to crawl  on to the CRT display   were like gold to me

  It had 8 or 16  KBPS speed I think

 In the last 2 decades technology has progressed quickly and now I have to actually shut my self from the  bombardment  of information much of it is junk, but still quite bit of it is  gold as far as Telugu  news, literature and poetry is concerned

 In the  early days of  Telugu use  on the internet  and  in computers in general a number of telugu  expatriates in USA along with some interested youngsters did much work just for the fun of it. I think there is a need to have a comprehensive history of theses efforts  I really do not know what motivated theses good Samaritans.
 some of the   well known names are
Srinivas Kanneganti
srinivas
rakeshwar


 Even today Telugu does lag behind other Indian languages in various computer software aspects.

many people without understanding the intricacies of computer linguistics and information technology think that it is on par with English.

really no other language has come near to English on computer related  use and the amount of software and hardware related to English

and Telugu seems to be stuck  few steps behind Tamil.

This is inspite of  more Telugu speaking  computer professionals working all over the  world compared to any other  Indian language speaking professionals.

No comments: