Wednesday, May 30, 2018

EHR Interoperability My foot!

EDI
ASR
Interoperability
Paperless office
Cloud computing

 The computer geeks  have  a great alphabet soup when it comes to  computerizing  medicine  and  their  unending  quest to replace the  doctor with  a computer or a robot.


  "My A.T.M. card is amazing: I can get cash and account details all over America and Most places in the world last year, when I went to a small town  in Telangana  called Gadwal, to buy some sarees for which that town is famous, I could easily take out  money from  an  ATM located  at the center of the town. I even helped an old farmer to take out a large sum of money  using his ATM card.
 Yet I can’t reliably get a patient record from across town, let alone from a hospital in the same state, even if both places use the same brand of E.H.R., for reasons that are only partly explained by software that has been customized for each site. This is not like sending around a standard Word file. And so, too often the record comes by fax."

many of my smartphone-wielding, Facebooking, Whatsapping  Twitterati patients in this small  FQHC community clinic wonder, why  I am so technologically backward. why I have to get their signature on consent forms every time I need a report from the local hospital.
Why can't I get on the internet and get all their records from all over the USA?

why I was unaware that they were treated very badly in a local ER in Alabama during their recent family reunion?


No comments: