Sunday, November 24, 2013

Keeping strict accounts Mohandas Karamchand gandhi

"Let no one imagine that my experiments in dancing and the like
marked a stage of indulgence in my life. The reader will have
noticed that even then I had my wits about me. That period of
infatuation was not unrelieved by a certain amount of selfintrospecti
on on my part. I kept account of every farthing I
spent, and my expenses were carefully calculated. Every little
item such as omnibus fares or postage or a couple of coppers
spent on newspapers, would be entered, and the balance struck
every evening before going to bed. That habit has stayed with
me ever since, and I know that as a res ult, though I have had to
handle public funds amounting to lakhs, I have succeeded in
exercising strict economy in their disbursement, and instead of
outstanding debts have had invariably a surplus balance in
respect of all the movements I have led. Let every youth take a
leaf out of my book and make it a point to account for
everything that comes into and goes out of his pocket, and like
me he is sure to be a gainer in the end .
Mohandas Karamchand gandhi

I  have known any number of so called Philanthropic and  Charitable organizations, which espouse Gandhian ideals but do not bother to follow what he said about keeping strict accounts.

No comments: